This week on the show, Jenn and Kelli discuss:
- Whether grilling meat really increases your risk of cancer
- How to forage for wild mushrooms
- A (possible) link between processed food and autism
- Is organic really superior when it comes to packaged food products?
Ready to get nerdy? Let’s do it! Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe if you’re enjoying the show!
***Disclaimer: Foraging for wild food can be dangerous. It is vitally important to be properly trained or forage with someone who is. Eat stuff from nature at your own risk!
Have a question or comment? Let us know – if we feature it on one of our episodes, we’ll send you a special surprise! You can leave a comment on our website, shoot us an email, or message us on Facebook and Instagram. We’d love to hear from you!
If you liked this week’s episode, head on over to the Apple Podcast app via the button above and subscribe and leave a review! If you’d like even more Nutrition Nerds, you can also find us on Facebook and Instagram.
For those of you who have really been digging the podcast, here are a few things you can do to support us!
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast! This will help The Nutrition Nerds Podcast reach more people.
- Head over to the store and get some nerdy swag! Everything you purchase helps us pay for things like monthly hosting and domain costs. Thanks for everyone who is able to help support us – we love you nerds!
- Become a patron!
EAT WELL AND STAY NERDY!
Mentioned in this episode:
- North American Mycological Association
- 3 Edible Wild Mushrooms (And 5 to Avoid)
- When chemicals are used to scare you about food
- What the science really says about grilled meat and cancer
- Processed foods may lead to autism, study says
- Propionic Acid Induces Gliosis and Neuro-inflammation through Modulation of PTEN/AKT Pathway in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- What is propionic acid?
- How short chain fatty acids affect health and weight